Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Peer Reviewed

I really enjoyed our peer review session. It was a little less intimidating than a graded review by a professor. Moreover, receiving feedback from another student allowed me an even better understanding of what a student audience might pick up on that I may not have realized. Taking Sarah’s comments into consideration, I think I will be able to better craft my message to make my voice heard instead of just spewing out examples. This ties into the skill that I am continuing to learn and develop which is critical thinking. Critical thinking, in my opinion, is my weakness. Having to think carefully about what I say / write, being able to back it up with reasons, and persuade an audience will definitely be something I can use in all aspects of my life. In future courses, I will be able to engage more fully in dialogue and feel confident about my arguments. At work, I will be able to transfer this skill into drafting thorough proposals for initiatives backing up my viewpoint while taking opposition into consideration. And most importantly, as a mom of a teenager with a gift for arguing a point, I will be able to support my parental decisions with fair and considerate explanations.

No comments:

Post a Comment