Sunday, November 29, 2009

Just as Crooked River Burning is a complicated story, so is my life. It has been very hectic over the last month. As I was playing catch up with my schoolwork, I realized that I have to find a way to get organized and use the resources available. Hence, I limited my search for a print source to the library catalog. There were only a couple of options for me regarding my topic, so I used one of the two books that showed up in my initial search. I chose the book because it contained actual stories from the author. This helped me get to know the author Dawn Powell through her writing and not just from biographical data or reviews. Considering that the book is a compilation of four of her stories, I considered it to be a worthy source.
Work Cited

Powell, Dawn. Novels, 1944-1962. New York, N.Y.: Library of America, 2001. Print.

1 comment:

  1. Its a good thing you were able to find a source given your time restraint. I think the most difficult part of the speech was going back and looking through Crooked River Burning and finding the person or thing we chose in class. I enjoyed your speech as I did the first time around.

    ReplyDelete