Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I can do it!

I had heard the term blog before I started Transitions but didn’t really know what it was. It has turned out to be a fun tool for learning. As we progressed through the semester, creating our blog and posting regularly, I learned that I had new skills to develop. The greatest thing I learned was how to write a short paragraph and yet relay a full message about a topic. This was important because in each of our essays, I approached each paragraph as a mini blog. Because I am at the beginning of my academic journey at Ursuline, this skill will come in handy for the plethora of papers I’m sure I’ll have to write.

As for my favorite blog posting, the “Motherhood Paradox” on October 25 was my favorite but not for the reason one might think. I liked this one because it was the first blog we were assigned where we had to incorporate the work cited. Because Blogger is limited in some features, I found it a challenge to find the correct HTML code. Once I did, I was able to enter my work cited in MLA format. Cool!

One last thought about my blog posts – I really liked some of the ideas I came up with for these assignments. Who knows? Maybe I will become the next blog phenom!

No comments:

Post a Comment